1) RUGGED PRODUCTS CORP ("RPC") 5 Years Limited Warranty:
RPC provides the following limited 5-year warranty ("Warranty") coverage as applicable to the purchaser ("Purchaser") of the RUGGEDFLEX™ branded product ("Product') directly from RPC. The following constitutes the terms and conditions of that limited warranty.
2) RUGGEDFLEX™ Warranty Coverage and Term:
Subject to the exclusions and claim procedure set out below, RPC warrants for a period of 5 years from the date of purchase at the point-of-sale to the original end-user customer ("Sale Date"), that the RPC Product provides coverage as follows:
- For the period ending 5 years from the Sale Date, RPC will, at RPC's discretion, repair or replace the Product which fails to meet the Product Specifications due to a defect in materials or workmanship or apply credit towards the purchase of a new RPC Product.
- To exercise this right, the Purchaser shall ship, at its own expense, and return the Product to RPC according to the return instructions detailed below, and RPC will, repair or replace the Product and return it to the Purchaser free of charge, or offer credit towards the purchase of new Product.
- RPC shall be entitled, at its discretion, to use new and/or reconditioned parts in performing warranty repair or providing a replacement Product. RPC also reserves the right to use parts or products of original or improved design in any repair or replacement. All replaced Product and/or any parts removed from repaired Products become the property of RPC.
- If RPC chooses to repair or replace a Product, the above warranty will continue to apply and remain in effect for the balance of the warranty period calculated from the original Sale Date (and not the repair or replacement date).
- If RPC chooses to offer a credit towards the purchase of a new Product, then the warranty in effect and applicable to the new Product shall apply to the new Product.
3) What the RPC Warranty Does Not Cover
- The RPC Warranty does not provide coverage for the following which are expressly excluded from the above warranty:
- Failure due to normal wear and tear of the Product.
- Failure caused by separate equipment.
- Failure due to fire, water, neglect, improper installation, generalized corrosion, biological infestations, or input voltages that create operating conditions beyond the maximum or minimum listed in the RPC specifications including lightning strikes.
- Products which have been altered other than by RPC or authorized by RPC.
- Products that have their original identification (trademark, serial number) markings defaced, altered or removed.
- Products utilized as a component part of a product expressly warranted by another manufacturer.
- Operation or storage of the Product outside the specification ranges, and/or alteration or deployment of RPC Products other than in accordance with any published or provided user, storage or maintenance requirements.
- Failure that is in any way attributable to the improper use, storage, maintenance, installation or placement of the RPC Product.
- Failure caused by abuse, misuse, abnormal use, or use in violation of any applicable standard, code or instructions for use in installations, including, but not limited to, those contained in the National Electrical Code, the Standards for Safety of Underwriters Laboratory, Inc., Standards for the International Electrotechnical Commission, Standards for the American National Standards Institute, or the Canadian Standards Association.
- Failure due to "Acts of God."
4) Restrictions and Limitations to the RPC Warranty
- This Warranty is not transferable and only applies to the Purchaser.
- RPC does not warrant the results obtained from the implementation of recommendations made by RPC or its authorized distributors concerning the use, design or application of RPC Products.
- The end-user who purchases the Product assumes all responsibility and liability for loss or damage resulting from the handling or use of RPC Products.
- RPC's liability on any claim, whether in warranty, contract, negligence, or any other legal theory, for loss, damage or injury arising directly or indirectly from or in relation to the use of the RPC Product shall in no event exceed the purchase price of the RPC Product which gave rise to the claim. IN NO EVENT SHALL RPC BE LIABLE FOR PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHETHER FORSEEABLE OR NOT INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, LOSS OF USE OF GOODS, OR LOSS OF BARGAIN.
- The Warranty set out above is the sole warranty granted by RPC with respect to the Product. No oral understanding, representations or warranties shall be of any effect and RPC makes no further warranties, express or implied concerning the RPC
- Products other than the Warranty set out above. The Buyer, where permitted by applicable law, hereby expressly waives any statutory or implied warranty that the RPC Product shall be merchantable or fit for a particular purpose.
5) Warranty Return Procedure
- This warranty procedure is based on the typical flow of sale:
RPC + Supplier + Dealer + End User.
6) End Users
- Contact your sales representative or Dealer and discuss the problem. Often the sales representative can troubleshoot common scenarios. If applicable, the warranty will be handled between the End User and the Dealer. RPC will only accept returned items from an End User as a last resort. If you are unable to contact the Dealer, or the Dealer refuses to provide service, please contact RPC directly.
- Dealers will handle warranty either through their supplier or RPC if they qualify as a Purchaser.
8) Units Bought Directly from RPC
- The Purchaser will return the product, freight prepaid, to RPS. You must obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number from RPC before returning a product. The RMA number MUST be clearly indicated on the outside of the box.
- Items received without an RMA number will be refused.
9) Additional Information
- Unless approved by RPC, all products shipped via collect to RPC will be refused.
- Test Items or items that are not under warranty, or units that are not defective, will be charged a minimum bench charge of ($50 US) plus taxes and shipping.
- A 15% restocking charge will be applied on goods returned and accepted as new stock.
10) Out of Warranty Items
- RPC electronic products are non-repairable, RPC does not perform repairs on its electronic products nor does it contract out those repairs to a third party. RPC does not supply schematics or replacement parts for any of its electronic products.
12) Phone Number:
Toll Free: +1 855-784-4330
13) Manufacturers’ warranties may not apply in all cases, depending on factors such as use of the product, where the product was purchased, or who you purchased the product from.
14) The 5-year warranty is subject to installation and usage instructions. Please review all installation, usage, and safety instructions carefully, and contact the dealer and/or manufacturer if you have any questions.